Give this incredible nutrient-dense pesto a try. It is a great way to include more hemp nutrients into your meals, boosting the bioavailable vitamins, minerals and protein into each meal.
By using hemp seeds instead of pine nuts adds, you get an additional 3 grams of protein per 1/4 cup of this basil pesto.
- Time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
- 1/4 cup shelled hemp seeds (hemp hearts)
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons of hemp seed oil
- 1 clove garlic
- Kosher salt to taste (about 1/4-1/2 teaspoon is a good amount)
Combine all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula if necessary.